The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History approached me to fix two of their interactives just before Christmas. The original interactives were running on SD card players with a file that would simply tell which image to show on the screen whenever you tapped a given location. They had been working quite well for a few years, but recently had begun to seriously slow down.
At first I thought I could salvage the original images and load them onto a new computer, but unfortunately they were only 480x640 and would look terrible on any modern screen. Therefore, I decided to start over from scratch. I wanted to do something simple that wouldn't take very long, so I decided to use VueJS with VueRouter and create one application to run two different interactives. They have the same graphic design, and layout, but you can't go from one to the other.